1/14/17 Gaston County Show – Shelby NC
- This show was a lot of fun! We got to talk with Dr. Steve Roush, American Chinchilla expert, who gave us a lot of great advice and info on our breed. Best of all, he did his bunny magic and put our rabbit in a trance!
- 3/4/17 NW Georgia Dalton Triple – Dalton GA (plus Specialty Show next day)
- Saturday was the Triple Open show, and Sunday was a double Specialty American Chinchilla show. When you have two breeds, it can be very chaotic. Sometimes you’ll be showing one breed with one judge, and they’ll call your other breed at the same time with a different judge! Thankfully my husband comes with me to the shows and helps, otherwise it would be rough. We only brought our Sr Doe Callie and Jr Doe Babe to show with American Chinchillas. I knew Callie was slightly underweight, but was hoping it would go unnoticed – which happened in two of the three shows on Saturday. For Silver Fox, we brought our Sr Doe Zoe and 6/8 Buck Frank. This show was yet another one where we didn’t have enough rabbits to sanction, win legs, or awards. It’s become very frustrating trying to show Silver Fox in the Southeast US, we just don’t have enough breeders. Zoe won BOS in 2 shows, but they don’t count because we only had 6 animals on the table. Sunday was the Southeast American Chinchilla Rabbit Breeders annual specialty show. We did 2 shows, with 24 rabbits and 8 exhibitors! It was wonderful and my Jr Doe, Babe, took 1st place of her class in Show A, earning her a leg towards Grand Champion status. We ended up taking home 2 new rabbits because WHO can resist when there’s so many awesome animals for sale!! We delivered 5 American Chinchilla JRs to new homes, and finally left for Tennessee around 3pm. This was a l-o-n-g weekend.
- 3/25/17 West GA Rabbit Club Spring Spectacular, Carrolton GA
- 4/1/17 E TN Rabbit Club – Knoxville TN
- 4/8/17 CARE’s Spring Gala, Anniston AL